Brazilian Butt Lift
Thousands of people around the country and the world have made their fantasy curves a reality through Brazilian butt lift surgery. At our Corpus Christi, TX practice, we use advanced fat grafting techniques to help our patients achieve their cosmetic goals for their backsides. Although silicone implants are still a good option for buttock augmentation for some patients, most of the South Texas women and men who visit Dr. Max Gouverne are great candidates for the natural look and feel that results from using their own fat for enhancement.
Ready to learn more about how a Brazilian butt lift can boost your self-confidence? Request a consultation using our online form, or call our office directly at (361) 993-2222.
See Dr. Gouverne's beautiful results for yourself with our stunning before-and-after gallery of real patients.
Any successful plastic surgery begins at the consultation. Your initial meeting with Dr. Gouverne is the best time to discuss your aesthetic goals and ask questions about your surgical options for enhancing your buttocks. He discusses the difference between implants and fat grafting, which uses liposuction to take fat from one area of your body where it is unwanted and uses it to enhance the buttocks. He also talks with you in depth about your medical history, your lifestyle, and the reasons you're considering plastic surgery.
In addition, Dr. Gouverne conducts a thorough physical examination to help him create a custom surgical plan, assessing the best areas for liposuction at the outset of your Brazilian butt lift. Most patients have fat transferred from the abdomen, hips, or thighs. In some cases, Dr. Gouverne moves fat from one area of the buttocks to another for a rounder, more appealing shape. During your consultation, you will plan your liposuction treatment areas together with Dr. Gouverne.
Fat grafting has 2 wonderful benefits; not only does it enhance the area you want to augment, but it slims areas of unwanted fat.
The fat transfer process for a Brazilian butt lift involves 3 distinct steps:
- Liposuction: Dr. Gouverne uses a power-assisted liposuction technique, which enables him to remove fat with less damage than traditional liposuction, resulting in faster healing. Instead of the vigorous motions used when liposuction is performed manually, the cannula's power-assisted vibrations help loosen and separate the fat. This makes recovery easier, and it also helps the fat remain viable for transfer.
- Processing the fat: Dr. Gouverne and our team then process the fat to remove blood cells and other impurities. A successful fat transfer procedure depends on the fat remaining healthy so that it thrives once it is transferred. That's why we're very careful during this critical processing step.
- Injection to the buttocks: Dr. Gouverne uses specially designed syringes connected to tiny, thin tubes called micro-cannulas to perform multiple injections, distributing the fat at various depths of the buttocks to achieve an appealing shape and a "lifted" appearance.
Some patients make better candidates for buttock augmentation using implants, which are made of a soft but solid silicone. In this case, Dr. Gouverne places the implants through an incision in the buttock crease and closes the incision with sutures.
Brazilian butt lift surgery is an outpatient procedure, so you'll need someone to drive you home after the operation. Prescription pain medication can be used to help manage any discomfort. Dr. Gouverne provides a detailed list of postoperative instructions to help speed the healing process. Here are some of the things you can expect during your recovery:
- You'll be instructed to wear special compression garments similar to Spanx in the areas where liposuction was performed and on your buttocks to help minimize swelling and bruising.
- You should avoid sitting or sleeping on your back for the first 2 weeks after surgery.
- You're encouraged to walk as soon as possible after your operation to reduce swelling and lower the risk of complications.
- You can take a shower after 48 hours, but you're advised against taking a bath or swimming for 4 weeks.
Learn more about taking care of yourself at home after a Brazilian butt lift by reading our postoperative guide. Our guide specifically addresses care after liposuction.
The final results of Brazilian butt lift surgery aren't immediately apparent because some swelling and bruising will be present. Also, Dr. Gouverne initially injects slightly more fat into the buttocks than you will see in the final result, because some fat will be reabsorbed. Because of this, your buttocks will initially appear larger than desired. After a couple of weeks, however, the majority of this swelling fades and you can begin to enjoy your new contours.