Preoperative Instructions Corpus Christi
Preoperative Instructions – Day Before Surgery
We know you may be a bit nervous before your surgery. Please follow these instructions the day before your surgery.
- Be sure to fill the medications Dr. Gouverne prescribed for you and bring them with you to your surgery.
- Read and follow all directions contained in the preoperative packet your were given at your preoperative appointment
- You may want to prepare a small bag to bring with you. Along with bringing your medications to your surgery, bring your glasses case or contact case, socks, slip on shoes and a change of clothes, if desired.
- It is important to hydrate well the day before surgery. Drink plenty of water and stay away from foods that are high in sodium.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
- Use antibacterial soap the morning of your surgery and remember to dry your hair completely. Do not use any lotions or moisturizers.
- Be sure to let us know what medications you take daily. Dr. Gouverne will tell you which of your daily medications can be taken the morning of your surgery. Only take the medications approved by Dr. Gouverne.
- When you get home after your surgery, remember to walk around at least 4 times during the day.
- Please feel free to call our office if you have any questions. Our office number is (361) 993-2222.
IMPORTANT – Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements for 2-weeks prior to your surgery and 1-week after surgery. If you have any questions regarding any medication or supplement you are currently taking on a regular basis, please carefully read product labels or consult your pharmacist.