Over the last 5 years there has been an explosion of innovative approaches to solve your specific tummy-trunk issues. Innovators from Brazil (Drs.Pitanguy and Góes), Germany (Dr. Richter), Sweden (Dr.Héden), and the US (Drs. Mendieta and Wall) have revolutionized surgery of the tummy-trunk. Unfortunately many surgeons still use older but time-tested surgeries that may still produce acceptable results, but now newer techniques can deliver superior contours to the entire tummy-trunk-buttocks complex. Now tummy-tucks are combined with a number of innovative operations. We no longer consider the tummy in isolation, now the tummy-tuck is part of a complete restoration that includes modifications to the waist, the A-point, under-breast area, and the buttocks. The breakthrough discovered was that these new techniques can be offered in conjunction with the tummy-tuck and that it could be done safely. Below is a list of some of the new techniques developed.
- AILS : A new A.I. Lipo-Sculpture that allowed for adding, removing and smoothening of fatty tissue
- EFR: Replacing traditional muscle stitching allowing constant anesthetic infusion with fascia repair.
- BBL: incorporating waist and buttocks shaping in conjunction with the tummy-tuck
- FUP: a no scar belly button technique.
- OnQ: indwelling pain management where local anesthetics are preferred over narcotics
Here is my top five list ranked from most to least common:
- Tummy tuck with A.I. Lipo-Sculpture (AILS): Best for patient needing fat reduction, waist shaping, endo-fascial (EFR) repair and tummy skin reduction. Price can range from $8,500-$10,000.
- I Lipo-Sculpture (AILS): Best for patients with contour issues with fat deposits without muscle weakness or skin redundancy. Agitation-Infusion Lipo-Sculpture (AILS) is sufficient. Price can range from $3,000-$6,000.
- Tummy tuck with A.I. lipo-sculpture and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL). Best for patients needing fat reduction, waist shaping, endo-fascial repair, tummy skin reduction, and buttocks augmentation. Price can range from $12,000-$14,000.
- Classic Tummy tuck: best for fit patients without need for waist modification or excess fat in the abdomen or trunk. Price can range from $7,600-$8,600.
- Tummy tuck with floating umbilico-plasty: Best for fit patients with long trunk and weakened endo-fascial (EF) envelope and a minimal amount of skin excess. Price can range from $7,600-$8,600.
What is the best way for your specific anatomy? Ask the following questions:
- Is the skin stretched-out? You need a resection.
- Do I want fuller buttocks? BBL is needed.
- Is my trunk straight or do I want a more defined shape? You need AILS.
- Did my muscles stretch out with a pregnancy? You need an EF repair.
Key to the abbreviations used:
- AILS: (A.I. Lipo-Sculpture) —Agitation Infusion Lipo Sculpture: Fat management allowing for removal, grafting and smoothening of the fat layers by combining the Wells Johnson High Volume Precision Auto-Graft System (HVP) with the reciprocating motion of the MicroAire Aesthetics PAL LipoSculptor
- EFR: Endo Fascial Repair—- stitching allowing constant anesthetic infusion with fascia repair of stretched-out bellies
- BBL: Brazilian Butt Lift. Is an AILS technique to dramatically thin the waist and fat-graft the buttocks.
- FUP: Floating Umbilico-Plasty a no scar belly button technique