Picking the right plastic surgeon is a very important task and there are no shortcuts.
There are key things you want to know before you pick your Plastic Surgeon —Does your surgeon have adequate training, did he pass the required examinations, does he have enough experience for your procedure, has he been successful with cases like yours, is he respected in the medical community, and are the two of you a good fit? Here are the top five tasks in your search. (The first three can be done on-line, but the last two will take more work) You should do all five at a minimum.
1. As a minimum your plastic surgeon should be certified in plastic surgery by the ABPS (abplsurg.org), then they should be a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (surgery.org) (this guarantees requisite training and adherence to professional standards.)
2. You should read reviews on the doctor by typing his Name and reviews into Google. A busy plastic surgeon should have at least a hundred reviews and preferably several hundreds (this will guarantee experience).
3. Review the website and examine the before and after-s. Plastic surgeons love show to off their best results. If you don’t like the results or there are not many examples of your desired surgery keep searching (this guarantees a history of high quality outcomes.)
4. Have a consultation with several prospective plastic surgeons. Check out the surgeon’s staff, the facility, and you’ll get an idea if the surgeon is up to date with the latest equipment and techniques. Then, review the surgical plan, and be prepared with questions. Expect to pay for your consultation. (This guarantees that you and your plastic surgeon are a good fit.)
5. Ask friends and family. An experienced plastic surgeon should be well known in your community, and have lots of ex-patients willing to share their experience. Other “in-the-knows” are your family doctor, your dentist, or other health professionals. (This guarantees a high skill level that you desire.)
For more information on any services or to schedule a consultation call 361-993-2222