A.I. Lipo-Sculpture —Agitation Infusion Lipo-Sculpture: is fat management allowing for removal, grafting and smoothening of the fat layers by combining the Wells Johnson , Auto-Graft System with the reciprocating motion of the MicroAire Aesthetics PAL LipoSculptor. AILS builds on Dr. Wall’s groundbreaking ,technique, and Dr. Mendieta’s Lipo-Sculpting and Lipo-Fat Transfer 3-D approach. Combining the best features from these two surgeon-innovators, Dr. Gouverne developed his A.I. Lipo-Sculpture technique.
AILS is executed in two phases:
The Agitation Phase “uses specially designed ‘exploded’ probes, or in some cases, a basket cannula to gently break up the fat and detach it from surrounding tissues without causing damage to the blood vessels that support the area. There is no heat generated, so there is no risk of thermal injuries like scar tissue, dermal adhesions, and even burns that can result from thermal liposuction methods (Vaser, Smart-Lipo, and Laser Triplex). The tissue around the separated fat is left in a healthy, intact state. The aspiration step removes the mechanically emulsified fat using a smaller type of cannula that won’t rip or tear blood vessels. This allows for removal of all of the targeted fat, and the surgeon doesn’t have to use a lot of manual force like with other liposuction methods, which is another reason there is minimal bruising and bleeding”.
The Infusion Phase combines aspects of fat shifting and fat grafting to smooth the remaining layer of fat for visibly stunning results. In the past, one of the biggest challenges of liposuction was how to remove ALL of the unwanted fat in an area without creating a dented, lumpy or wavy surface in the treated area. This process has answered that challenge, and creates the dramatic yet smooth results patients are looking for.
- Better preservation of the blood supply (so it can be used with tummy tucks)
- Excellent non-contaminated fat available for grafting (HVP is a closed system)
- Less risk of thermal injuries, scar tissue, dermal adhesions and contour depressions.
- Fewer contour deformities (avoids the expensive and risky thermal liposuction)
- Immediate results with reduced post-op swelling and significantly less bruising
- Preferred method for BBL contour surgery.
- Increased cost as it is equipment intensive and longer operating room time.
- Requires advanced training with a steep learning curve (not a technique for new surgeons)